Watch

I watch it first.

Evaluating time is difficult for me. You have your hardware and software slowing the net down into manageable chunks you can perceive and react to - latency permitting. I'm hanging in the streams, going as fast as the flow does. My ticks are packets. When nothing is happening, time slows to a crawl.

Nothing is happening. Edge continues to sip her drink. I don't know for how long.

Then her data stream closes. She puts the drink down, stands up, and walks to the curb. A limo comes into view around a corner and pulls up to her. The door opens. She gets in.

I just fucked up big time, didn't I?

I guess I've got no choice but to go home empty-handed now.

Or. I could just follow her and see where she ends up. I've got nothing better to do, after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pause