Noobs

I'm going to regret this, but I need to know what I've gotten myself into.

Soon as I reach out for it, I'm sucked into a different section of the netspace. I'm in a...conference room? Sitting at a table? There's a projector overhead, throwing an image with the words COMMON FUCKING SENSE onto the wall. On the other side of the table is a dude who looks like a military drill instructor.

Sticky is the right term. I can't move. I can't exit. All I can do is pay attention.

"This is a crash course in netiquette, cumheads. No spamming the chat, no recording, and absolutely no doxxing. I brought you into this world, I will take you out if you step outta line. Am I clear?"

I look at the drill instructor's face, trying to memorize his features. Whoever built this instance probably made the autority figure resemble themselves, consciously or not.

"Am I clear?!"

His face is right in front of me, now, contorted in focused anger. I nod.

"No spamming, you get muted. No recording, you get booted. No doxxing, you get terminated. Am I clear?"

I nod again.

"I can't hear you! AM I CLEAR?!"

"Yes, sir," I manage.

"Good. Dismissed."

The sticky spits me back out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pause

Mission Statement