Gift
And then I get a gift.
When the back door of Fort Knox opens up and there's no one inside, what else can you call it? Paramount's security is famous. Huge in coverage, density, and sheer size - despite the absolutely massive traffic volume the patrons generate. It's not unbreakable, but when the people who break it end up broken themselves, it doesn't have to be. Which is one hell of a deterrent against unauthorized entry.
Yet here it is. A wide open door. An actual invitation. Not for me, obviously. I can poke my head in, sure, in which case I'd have a moment to identify the security features that blow it off. I'm not on the guest list.
But others are. All I have to do is intercept a legit guest, put up a shell that matches theirs, and walk right in. Throw the guest a quick "connection interrupted" packet to slow them down right before the door closes, and security won't even see a duplicate entry attempt.
Gotta time it right, but I can do it. Once I'm in I'll be stuck for the duration, though.
This is my last chance to bail if I don't.
Comments
Post a Comment