Enter

If this is the trap, I'm springing it.

The node is...simple. There's nothing out of the ordinary here. Plenty of data streams flow through, but no one is watching. No alarms, no scurrying scouts. No trap.

I filter the streams for visuals. Plenty of security cameras are set up for offsite surveillance. Municipal or private, they all route though the same place. Grab enough of those, extrapolate the missing bits, and you can have an almost real picture.

I guess that's her, then. Edge is sitting at a curbside table next to a cafe, sipping a drink through a straw. She's wearing all black: wide-brimmed hat that hides her face, opera gloves creeping up to her shoulders, thigh-high boots, and a simple (but most likely very expensive) dress.

She's got an outgoing data stream. I tap it. She's...searching the net for her name? 

What?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pause